This blog is the ONS (Open Notebook Science) record for the work that I personally perform in the lab. It is posted informally and without peer review. Please feel free to comment and contact me at bridget.eklund@ndsu.edu if there is something you're interested in. You can learn more about the lab on our wiki page (http://openwetware.org/wiki/Fisher). Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Update

For the past two weeks I have been testing the cytotoxicity of several ATCC S.maltophilia strains when the antibiotic vancomycin is present. I have been using the dictyostelium plaque assay to compare the PFU50 with and without vancomycin at a concentration of 25micrograms/ml. So far I have not seen a significant difference in PFU50 when vancomycin is present. The antibiotic stock was made fresh each time the plates were made and fresh bacterial cultures were always used.

It was decided that roaches should be acclimated for 3 weeks at 37 deg C before using for experiments, so I will start my next survival trial when I get back using Francisella and a few mutants to determine LD50 in the dubia roaches.

//BEE 

No comments:

Post a Comment