This blog is the ONS (Open Notebook Science) record for the work that I personally perform in the lab. It is posted informally and without peer review. Please feel free to comment and contact me at bridget.eklund@ndsu.edu if there is something you're interested in. You can learn more about the lab on our wiki page (http://openwetware.org/wiki/Fisher). Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Biofilm Formation of S.maltophilia with Vancomycin

Today I made cultures in TSB to test our 8 strains of S.malt with vancomycin to observe biofilm formation in a 96-well plate. I am repeating this study to compare results of previous trials to confirm similar results of an enhancement of biofilm at sub-inhibitory concentrations of antibiotic. I will be using the same protocol with crystal violet as I have outlined previously.

Results:

A significant increase in biofilm formation by isolates BAA 84, 13270, and 51 were observed at concentrations of vancomycin over 50 microgram/ml. This is consistent with previous trial, although we have seen a greater % increase in isolate 51 previously (>250%).

//BEE 

No comments:

Post a Comment